The Office Jester… every office needs one to make funny stories of working in an office
We apologise to you folks. We don’t know how this one slipped through our nets. We’ve been finding funny videos relation to work and business for a long time now but we haven’t really found one that talks about working in an office on a general level. Under the guise of Office Jester, we’ve found stuff like Stress at Work, Misunderstanding at Work, Management Lingo, PowerPoint Presentations Gone Wrong, and even Deceptive Impression Management.
What we’re still surprised about is that through all those posts we never did anything remotely connected to what a person should expect while working in an office. After all, everyone in the world is working in an office. There are bound to be similar hilarious experiences and occurrences. Well, we finally found a video that allows us to talk about this. So, here it is.
Working In an Office: Worst Experiences
There are, essentially, eight “feelings” that this video presents in 12 versions. How is that possible you ask? Well, they use multiple sequences for two “feelings”. Each of them is very valid and relevant. If working in an office is something that you’ve experienced before, then you know and have dealt with most of these problems. We’ll take them on one by one, shall we?
- Multifunction printer: The obvious one, as you can no doubt guess already, is the malfunctioning multifunction printer. What we don’t understand is why this happens. It is possible that people buy a poor performance model but then why would they do that when we have such awesome reviews for them. Then, one could assume that they’re trying to save money on maintenance and cartridges but then why would they do that when we have such awesome offers for those too. Boggles the mind! We tell you.
- Colleague’s pen: If we were five years old, we would say that every time you put a colleague’s pen in your mouth, it’s like you kissed them. But, we’re not five. Now we say that if you did that, you took on all their germs and gave them a new home. Ewwww!
- Creepy co-workers: Every office has one and it’s almost like every business has made a Corporate Social Responsibility activity out of it. Why the heck are these people not chucked out if they’re so creepily close to the opposite sex? It’s about working in an office, not flirting in an office.
- Awkward water cooler chat: No matter how awkward they may be, they’re still fairly interesting. The instances of foot in mouth and faux-pas can be very amusing if you’re not actually involved in the conversation. We make it a point to have a lot of water every day!
- Sick co-workers: If you’re sick and you’ve not taken a medical, then you must have a very sad, sad life. It’s like a license to chill at home. What’s more? You get to have chicken soup, watch movies in bed all day, and end the night with a few shots of brandy. Why go to work and sneeze on people? Ah, we get it. You want to “spread” the joy. Such a martyr!
- Birthdays: No. Another waste of a perfectly good opportunity to take a leave. Ever heard of “my family is taking me out” or even better “my kids have planned a whole, special birthday day for me”? No? Your loss.
- Hangovers: Every day is a hangover buddy, unless you’re one of those boring types who like to stay in bed and “read”. Even if you’re “reading” at home, can’t you have a few beers like all the normal people in the world? Oh, by the way, this is one of those that this video presents in multiple scenarios.
- Boredoms: Sounds like a flock of dangerous dominatrices but, unfortunately, it isn’t. It’s simply multiple instances of getting bored. We say that if you get time to be bored at work, then bless your stars. What’s the reason? Well, it means you’re getting paid for sitting there and the business really doesn’t have work for you. Alternatively, maybe your boss thinks you’re a waste of space and is not giving you work because he’s about to fire you. Scary!