How to change toner cartridge
1. To quickly change toner cartridge, first turn the printer off and open printer door cover. Please refer to your printers operating manual if unsure how to this.
2. Once printer door is open, carefully remove expired toner cartridge from printer and place on bench.
3. CAUTION: Before opening plastic housing packaging with new toner cartridge, double check to ensure you have the correct toner cartridge by checking the model information on the outside of the new printer cartridge box.
4. Remove the new print cartridge from the packaging, and gently shake it from side to side for 20 seconds to distribute the toner evenly inside the cartridge (See Pic 1 below)
Pic 1: Gently shake new toner cartridge from Side-to-side to help evenly distribute the toner ink powder inside the cartridge. Once shaken carefully then attempt to establish whether toner cartridge has a PULL-TAG or it does not.
5: Examine toner cartridge to see if there exists a plastic pull-tag protruding from cartridge. This can be a little tricky as often the tag is transparent. Now some cartridges WILL have a PULL-TAG, while others WILL NOT. If your cartridge has a PULL-TAG, then now remove completely as below and then immediately fit to printer.
CAUTION: The removal of this tape is extremely important as it allows the toner to drop into the hopper assembly. Failure to remove completely may result in blank prints.
6. If no PULL-TAG is evident, then just go ahead and change toner cartridge by re-inserting to printer. If PULL-TAG is there, carefully take note of any instructions on the tag and remove tape by pulling on the end and pull till tape is fully removed and then re-insert into printer space.
7. Close the printer clam shell or door.
8. Reconnect the mains power cable and if printer has a power on button, please switch on now.
9. Go ahead and print two test pages to ensure that the toner is flowing evenly across the page. If image is washed out or uneven, turn the power off, remove the power cable from the printer and then proceed to remove the toner cartridge and give another shake and re-fit and try again from step 7. If normal printing does not return still, be sure to review instructions from the top of page from How to change toner cartridge.
10. Happy printing!