The Office Jester… every office needs one to teach you key office hacks
If you’ve not realised till now, all these months you’ve been reading the Office Hacks blog from the most reliable and economical printing supplies supplier in the country – Inkjet Wholesale. Through these months, we’ve managed to provide a number of office hacks to the readers of this blog called… err… well, Office Hacks (that one’s gonna trip us up a number of times). Office Jester, on the other hand, is the humour component of the Office Hacks blog. So, the tube light finally lit up and gave us the idea, “Why don’t we mix the two!”
That’s what we’re doing here with this video from Tripp and Tyler. Fortunately, this video also tries to blend humour with useful office hacks for viewers. As a result, we’re going to feature it, convey our gratitude to Tripp and Tyler, and quickly become “very efficient”.
Office Hacks by… hmm… Office Hacks
There are a number of office hacks in this video. Virtually all of them are useful. It’s just that some are useful in saving time and effort or improving productivity while others are useful if you just want to have fun at work. Let’s take each of them one by one.
- Wire solution: This solution is redundant for most people except for those that live on the edges of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) where they have this need to hoard things because they think they might need them later. Still, if you have a tendency to store cords that you’ll never use, then using toilette paper rolls and a shoe box will be helpful.
- Bottle opener: That clunky charger/adapter isn’t all that common. Neither is “Cooka Cola” all that common. We’ll let this one fall by the wayside where no one will notice.
- Boss’s name on lunch: This one’s pretty cool. It’s also versatile if you have a stout heart and your boss actually stores his lunch in the same place as all of you. The versatility is that you can mess with your boss by replacing his lunch with something similar but odd tasting. Do this with enough subtlety and your boss may never find out!
- Air horn on chair: Pure delinquency but still fun. Let the honking begin. A word to the wise, though. If someone does this to you, sit back down on the chair and carry on normally as if nothing happened. Make sure you do it till people come over and ask you not to.
- Coffee cup timer: This one is brilliant! It is cheap, easy, and highly effective. Use such office hacks in your office and you’ll never have to stomach stale coffee.
- Iron straightener: You can actually straighten those pesky corners of your clothes that sometimes are so, so difficult to fix even with an iron. Besides, we like this one simply because of that subtle little imaginary hair flip. Watch out for it at 1:16.
- Bread ties: Everyone doesn’t get those types of bread ties on their loaves. Some may like baguettes. You know, because they’re more refined than the rest of us? We’ll let this one pass us by too.
- Floppy disk: Simple enough prank. This one’s worth a try, especially if you see someone wearing old fashioned clothes, sporting old fashioned hair, or even using aged equipment. Get your message across, people!
- Dusty keyboard: Some office hacks in this video we aren’t completely sure of. After all, getting the corner of those post-its into the space between keys and then “wiggling” it seems like a lot of work. No one, we repeat no one in this world likes to thread the eye of the needle.
- Pen borrowers: Some office hacks in this one are old news. We’ve been thwarting pen borrowers and stealers for decades now. We understand that that makes us old because how many people really use pens, these days, except students?
- Key card in phone case: While some office hacks in this video are pointless and others old news, some office hacks are actually pretty cool. This is one of them. Keeping office key card in your phone case and then using it to open all those doors will make you look certifiably cool. Just you wait for the office babe to be around to do this.
- Special characters: Meh! Who worries about passwords these days? Everyone even knows how to protect their search histories, these days (we’re looking at you 15 year old, hot blooded boys and 70-year-old strongmen, out there).
- Business cards: This one is also pretty useful if you wear ties but it will quickly result in you not wearing ties. When that happens, we suggest using bow ties and tying the stack of visiting cards with them. At least, this way you’ll be able to reuse the bow ties. Who cares if you look like a chump in those bow ties? Do you even know how many babes Pee Wee Herman gets?
- Fold arms: Of all the office hacks in the video, we find this one to be the best. You can use it anywhere – with your associates, with your subordinates, with your seniors, and even with your significant others. Husbands, beware because you’ll hear “you never listen even more now”. Our suggestion to you is to use this trick on your wives. Create some parity, you know. Or, get in more trouble. Maybe it will be worth it.
- Decoy jacket: Another wonderful office hack for shirkers. Easy to implement too. Shirk away folks, shirk away.
- Pesky rodent in office: No! Simply no. You will not harm the office mascot. Take care of him. Feed him good food and let him loose in your boss’s room. Or, you can try the ladies’ washroom too.
- Ask name: It’s a good way to get around admitting that you don’t know someone’s name. You ask their name and simply say that you wanted to know their surname for “official purposes”.